Grow Solar Toolkit
The Grow Solar Toolkits are a set of resources to assist city, county, community and electric utility leaders in the implementation of solar program best practices. Gain access to permitting, planning, and zoning details for local governments.
Solar toolkits allow you to access resources to navigate permitting, planning, and zoning in Illinois. Access the Illinois toolkit here.
Additional State Resources
General Solar Resources
Explore the pieces below to find any question not answered in the state toolkit. You can preview and download each document individually, or download it all here. We recommend you begin with the Handbook for Regional Solar Planning.
- A Comprehensive Review of Solar Access Law in US
- DOE’s Zero Energy Home PV Checklist
- DOE’s Zero Energy Ready Home Requirements
- Empirically Derived Strength of Residential Solar Rooftop
- Encouraging Solar Development through Policies and Processes
- EPA’s Landfill Solar Siting Best Practices
- EPA’s Solar Ready Checklist and Guide
- Expedited Permit Process for PV
- Planning for Solar Energy
- Renewable Energy Ready Home- Solar Checklist
- Sample Guidelines for Solar Systems in Historic Districts
- Solar Ready Building Guidelines
- Solar Thermal Structural Study