Green Jobs and Opportunities
November 17, 2014
Job Opportunity from Prairie Rivers Network
Position: Executive Director
Prairie Rivers Network seeks an energetic and self-motivated individual to lead an organization working with citizens, state agencies, scientists, and other advocacy groups to protect Illinois’ 120,000 miles of rivers and streams. Individuals with leadership, fundraising, program development, and advocacy skills are strongly urged to apply.
The Executive Director will oversee an annual operating budget of almost $700,000 and is responsible for the overall leadership and management of Prairie Rivers Network’s (PRN) programs, fundraising and business operations. This is a full-time position, hired by and directly accountable to the Board through its elected Board chair.
PRN currently has a staff of 8 full-time employees and 2 part-time employees. The organizational culture is professional, with shared values, strong personal commitment to conservation and close working relationships. Staff operates with a great deal of autonomy, but welcomes the opportunity to explore new ways to amplify the impact of their work under the leadership of the new Executive Director.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, a cover letter outlining their interests in and suitability for the position, and contact information for three references to: email@example.com
Please: no phone calls, drop-ins or paper applications.
Job Opportunities from Solar Micronics, Inc.
Position: Solar Intern (Marketing)
Duties: Prepare Marketing brochures, research lead generation companies for solar leads, write proposals for solar projects (Chicago, Midwest, and other areas), follow up on leads, procure solar customers, research social media for promotion of solar installations, carry out the promotional programs on social media for the company
Position: Marketing Executive (solar)
Duties: Be responsible for developing the residential market in Illinois; initially be responsible for all the residential sales, but be ready to develop a sales team within a period of 6-12 months to handle the burgeoning residential market. Be capable of writing proposals in response to RFPs, prepare marketing materials, develop and implement a Marketing budget. Familiarity with social media a distinct plus. Service commercial customers if needed.
Qualifications: Preferably 2-3 years’ experience in sales/marketing in the solar field with demonstrated success. Degree in Business/Marketing preferred. Must have good writing skills as well. Aggressive, goal-oriented person preferred.
We are a medium-sized solar company currently focused on Commercial solar installations. We are planning to expand into the residential market, and thus need a capable Marketing Executive for leading the residential division.
Position: Solar Installer
Duties: Be capable of recruiting, and training a crew to handle the business of residential installations. Preferably have NABCEP certification.
Preferably 3-5 years’ experience in grid-connected rooftop solar installations; experience in ground mount a plus. Familiarity with both DC side, and AC side required.
Job Opportunities from Earth Wind and Solar Energy
Contact: Please send an email to John Caravette, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resume attached, as well as a paragraph explaining why this opportunity is a good fit for you.
Earth Wind And Solar Energy a leading Chicago-based Solar Energy Company is seeking an installer to provide support to the project foremen of the installation team and aid in the successful completion and installation of photovoltaic, solar thermal and wind turbine systems. The ideal candidate will have some prior experience in electrical, roofing, and plumbing fields. Possess conduit bending skills, sweat copper pipe and must have an aptitude for mechanical integration of equipment and components. Experience and passion for the solar energy industry is preferred.
Responsibilities may include:
• Pulling inventory for each installation job.
• Pre-assemble job components in the warehouse.
• Precise and Neat Conduit and Piping Runs.
• Assist in layout and assembly of solar modules/array and mounting hardware.
• Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment.
• Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC).
• Clean up of job site, maintain truck cleanliness.
• Team player
• Previous experience in solar installations, electrical, roof work, general construction, or carpentry strongly preferred
• Understanding/experience with electrical wiring of AC and DC systems strongly preferred
• Experience with the safe use of hand-held and power tools
• Experience working with all types of building materials - various roof types - stucco, wood, concrete, etc. strongly preferred
• Ability to work in extreme environments; ie: hot sun, crawl spaces, cold days
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 45 lbs
• Must have a clean driving record and reliable transportation to and from work
• All candidates to be hired must successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Must have knowledge of OSHA compliance standards or familiarity with formal safety practices
• Must have own hand tools
March 3, 2014
Illinois Solar Energy Association - Program Development Internship
This is a great opportunity for recent gradates or candidates seeking to learn more about local energy markets and to work to advance the acceleration of the solar industry in Illinois.
The ISEA Program Development Intern will be involved in program expansion, best practice, grant and policy research, member communications, website management, event coordination and various other tasks.
For more information visit our internship posting.
ISEA Business Members