Illinois Solar Industry 2012 Data
- In 2012 there were more than 189 solar companies at work in Illinois who employing 1,700.
- Illinois installed 30 mw of solar electricity capacity, ranking 13th nationally in 2012.
- In 2012, Illinois ranked 13th nationally in solar capacity installed.
- Illinois ranked 19th nationally in cumulative installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 6,200 homes.
- $27 million was invested in Illinois to install solar on homes and businesses. This represents a 259% increase over the previous year.
- Average installed residential and commercial photovoltaic system prices in Illinois fell by 35% from 2011. National prices also dropped by 33% since 2010.
Thank you to our friends at Solar Energy Industries Association
for compiling this data.