Illinois Solar Industry 2012 Data
•There are currently more than 166 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Illinois.
• Illinois ranked 22nd nationally in Q4 installations. .
• In 2012, Illinois ranked 13th nationally in solar capacity installed.
• Illinois ranks 18th nationally in cumulative installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 6,000 homes.
• In 2012, $27 million was invested in Illinois to install solar on homes and businesses. This represents a 259% increase over the previous year, and is expected to grow again this year.
• Average installed residential and commercial photovoltaic system prices in Illinois continue to fall--by 22% from last year. National prices have also dropped steadily--by 14% from last year and 31% since 2010.
Thank you to our friends at Solar Energy Industries Association for compiling this data.